Last Updated : September 4, 2018
International Training Course
GSJ International Training Course on Practical Geological Survey Techniques 2018
- application to geological disaster mitigation-
27 June - 13 July 2018
The GSJ International Training Course on Practical Geological Survey Techniques 2018 - application to geological disaster mitigation- was held from June 26 to July 13, 2018.
This was the first international training course funded by GeoBank, GSJ’s own foundation launched in 2017. Nominated nine trainees from nine of the CCOP member countries participated in the training course, where they joined field excursions, received intensive lectures on practical geological survey skills, and experienced many hands-on works based on geological maps and databases and experiments with the latest laboratory equipment.
It’s our honor to receive favorable remarks from the trainees regarding the comprehensive and practical program. The training contents will be improved based on the feedbacks from the participants. Details of the second training course will be announced in early 2019.
In the end, we would like to thank those who participated in and supported the training course; the trainees, the lecturers, the staffs, and the contributors to GeoBank.
Photo 1: A scene from the 2-day field excursion.
Photo 2: Observation of thin sections of various igneous and metamorphic rocks by polarizing microscope.
|Section 1: Practical geological survey techniques for accretionary geology|
|- Dr. Kazuhiro Miyazaki (Metamorphic Petrology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yutaka Takahashi (Petrology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshihiro Nakamura (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Jun Hosoi (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yasuyuki Banno (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Daisuke Sato (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Masumi Mikoshiba (Geochemistry, GSJ)
- Dr. Hidetoshi Hara (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Tsuyoshi Ito (Paleontology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshiaki Kon (Geochemistry, GSJ)
- Dr. Kenzo Sanematsu (Mineral Resources, GSJ)
- Dr. Koji Wakita (Geology, Yamaguchi University)
|Section 2: Exploration and analysis techniques|
|- Dr. Masahiko Makino (Geophysics, GSJ)
- Dr. Shigeo Okuma (Geophysics, GSJ)
- Dr. Hirokazu Yamamoto (Remote Sensing, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshiki Ninomiya (Remote Sensing, GSJ)
- Dr. Shinji Takarada (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Joel Bandibas (GIS, GSJ)
|Section 3: Application to geological disaster mitigation|
|- Dr. Tsutomu Nakazawa (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Susumu Nonogaki (Geoinformatics, GSJ)
- Dr. Ikuo Cho (Geophysics, GSJ)
- Dr. Masayuki Yoshimi (Earthquake engineering, GSJ)
- Dr. Jun’ichi Itoh (Volcano Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Tadashi Maruyama (Earthquake Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yuichi Namegaya (Tsunami, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshihiro Ishizuka (Volcano Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Senro Kuraoka (Landslide, Nippon Koei)
- Mr. Hirotaka Yoshida (OYO Corporation)
- Mr. Tadashi Yagi (OYO Corporation)