Last Updated : September 4, 2019
International Training Course
GSJ International Training Course on Practical Geological Survey Techniques 2019
- Application to Geological Disaster Mitigation -
4 - 21 June 2019, Tsukuba
The GSJ International Training Course on Practical Geological Survey Techniques 2019 - application to geological disaster mitigation-, the second one funded by GeoBank, was held for three weeks from June 4 and was successfully completed on June 21, 2019.
This year, officially nominated trainees from nine of the CCOP member countries, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, participated in the training course. After 2-day and 1-day field excursions, they enthusiastically attended intensive lectures on practical geological survey skills, and experienced many hands-on works based on geological maps and databases and experiments with the latest laboratory equipment, while they deepened friendship with other trainees and lecturers.
We are glad to receive favorable remarks from the trainees this time again. Improving the training contents further based on the feedbacks from both trainees and lecturers, we will announce the details of the third training course in early 2020.
In the end, we would like to express our gratitude to those who participated in and supported the training course: the trainees, the lecturers, the staffs, and the contributors to GeoBank.
Photo 1: A scene from the 2-day field excursion.
Photo 2: Observation of thin sections of various igneous and metamorphic rocks by polarizing microscope.
|Section 1: Practical geological survey techniques for accretionary geology|
|- Dr. Kazuhiro Miyazaki (Metamorphic Petrology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yutaka Takahashi (Petrology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshihiro Nakamura (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Jun Hosoi (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yasuyuki Banno (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Daisuke Sato (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Masumi Mikoshiba (Geochemistry, GSJ)
- Dr. Hidetoshi Hara (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Tsuyoshi Ito (Paleontology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshiaki Kon (Geochemistry, GSJ)
- Dr. Kenzo Sanematsu (Mineral Resources, GSJ)
- Dr. Koji Wakita (Geology, Yamaguchi University)
|Section 2: Exploration and analysis techniques|
|- Dr. Masahiko Makino (Geophysics, GSJ)
- Dr. Shigeo Okuma (Geophysics, GSJ)
- Dr. Hirokazu Yamamoto (Remote Sensing, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshiki Ninomiya (Remote Sensing, GSJ)
- Dr. Shinji Takarada (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Joel Bandibas (GIS, GSJ)
|Section 3: Application to geological disaster mitigation|
|- Dr. Tsutomu Nakazawa (Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Susumu Nonogaki (Geoinformatics, GSJ)
- Dr. Ikuo Cho (Geophysics, GSJ)
- Dr. Masayuki Yoshimi (Earthquake engineering, GSJ)
- Dr. Jun’ichi Itoh (Volcano Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Tadashi Maruyama (Earthquake Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Yuichi Namegaya (Tsunami, GSJ)
- Dr. Yoshihiro Ishizuka (Volcano Geology, GSJ)
- Dr. Senro Kuraoka (Landslide, Nippon Koei)
- Mr. Hirotaka Yoshida (OYO Corporation)
- Mr. Tadashi Yagi (OYO Corporation)